Do you really know all the positive and negative salt’s effects on the skin? Many of us can’t wait to lie in the sun with salty skin to get an intense and golden tan to show off during the summer. However, what many of us don’t know is that the salt’s effects on the skin are not at all positive, especially if you have dry or sensitive skin.
Let’s see together the positive and negative salt’s effects on the skin to achieve good awareness and treat our skin in the best way, not to damage it and keep it always healthy!
Positive salt’s effects on the skin:
– antifungal and antiseptic action: seawater contains many mineral salts that prevent infections and mycosis;
– visually reduces stretch marks and scars: salt has a soothing action on the skin;
– rebalances the pH of the skin: saltiness rebalances the hydrolipidic film of the skin, reducing blackheads and excess sebum;
– reduces dermatological disorders: seawater helps fight acne, eczema, psoriasis, and seborrheic dermatitis.
Negative salt’s effects on the skin:
– causes dehydration: if you do not rinse the skin with fresh water, the salt crystals will attract the sun’s rays causing dehydration and overheating;
– eye irritation: the salt can cause severe irritation to the ocular mucous membranes, a very delicate part of the body;
– worsens some skin disorders: saltiness worsens the skin affected by rosacea, and excessive sun exposure increases inflammation;
– momentary and apparent benefits: the skin is bright and golden, but after a few days it can appear dry, irritated and scaly.
Now that we know everything about the positive and negative effects of salt on the skin, let’s not forget to rinse, especially the face, with freshwater and never abandon the Lagalene skincare with the Hyper Moisturizing Serum and the Multi-sense Treatment Complex!
The face is our business card, let’s take care of it with natural, eco-sustainable, Made in Italy, cruelty-free products, without microplastics, dyes, harmful components.
Lagalene products composed of more than 99% natural ingredients are perfect for all skin types, both for women and for men, to achieve visible results from the first applications!
Discover the correct skincare to follow during sun exposure to protect your skin from harmful sun rays, skin irritation, and sunburn!
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.